Merry Christmas! Hope your holiday was blessed and full of family and fun! We had a wonderful time celebrating this year. The fun started on Christmas Eve. Up until last year we have always spent Christmas Eve at my Grannies house. That is when we would open presents from her and my Papa with all of our cousins and extended family. It was a great tradition. This was the first year since my Grannie passed away so it was time to create new traditions. My parents were thrilled to have Christmas Eve festivities at their house for our family. We got to do presents with them as well as enjoy a delicious dinner of prime rib sliders, bacon wrapped asparagus, and cheesy potatoes. We missed Aunt Mami and Uncle Adam, they spent Christmas with his family this year. But we hope they get to join in on the new Christmas Eve events next year! The babies were very blessed by their Honey and Poppy. But, I think Dusty and I were even more spoiled. They did way too much of course but we are very appreciative and are just excited to enjoy all the fun with them. I loved everything but I am thrilled about my new Dooney and Bourke crossbody purse. That is all I carry now since I have no extra hands when out with the kids, and this one is by far my favorite one I own, as well as the only real purse I own. Super super excited! ;) Dusty got a sweet citizen watch that he is now obsessed with. The babies LOVE their new chairs. I adore them too, although they just look way to grown up in them! A couple (ha!) pictures from our Christmas Eve celebration...
Mal, Me, Honey, Maser, Poppy, and Dusty
Princess
Honey and Mallory Grace
Poppy and Mason Alan
Excited about books from Aunt Mami
Mason opening his books
Love, love, love our new chairs!
Mason was SO happy about his comfy big boy seat!
I just thought this was cute! Hehe, eating some Christmas cookies after dinner.
Our next celebration was Christmas morning as a family of 4 opening all the gifts that Santa brought. He was generous with lots of toys and great goodies. Dusty and I exchanged gifts as well. I got a beautiful new ring with the babies birthstones set in 2 hearts with their names engraved on each side of the band. It is so perfect! We enjoyed just loving on each other all morning, opening stockings, eating a family breakfast and playing.
Santa came...and my cutie with his bottle ;)
WOW Santa!!
Mallory displaying her excitement
Mommy helping with presents
Santa brought our elves for a little meet and greet before next year! A boy and a girl, perfect! :)
Then we went over to my Aunt Karen's house to have a lovely traditional Christmas lunch with my Dad's family. The babies got some wonderful gifts from Aunt Karen and she also spoiled us with some awesome goodies!
That afternoon we made our last stop at Gamaw and Papaw's house to enjoy a Christmas celebration with them, Aunt Sandy and Granny. The babies opened some generous gifts including an awesome play hut and tunnel contraption that they have been crawling through and hiding in all day! We all got so much good stuff from everyone and we are so blessed not only by the gifts, but by the company and fun we were able to enjoy together. Although, I am super excited about my cute camera strap cover and my new steam mop! ;) We enjoyed a tasty prime rib dinner there with green bean casserole and some excellent mashed potatoes. Best recipe ever! The babies did not nap well so our night had to end before our tradition of enjoying a few games with everyone, but it was still a perfect celebration with the fam!
The babies checking out the tree and presents
Opening our sit and spin, fun!
Mason and his CD player
I adore this picture, my happy girl loving on her Gamaw
She is such a Daddy's girl
Big boy helping Gamaw with the eggs, such concentration!
It is great to know that we will pass on so many traditions to the babies and we were so blessed by everyone this year. I know that all of this is in celebration of the birth of Jesus and the fact that God sent his only son to save the world. I think spending time with the families that He gave us, showing them His love for us and celebrating His birth through giving, and honoring traditions that instill a love for family is the perfect way to spend such an important day in our lives. I hope to teach this to the kids throughout the holidays in the years to come. It is certainly my favorite time of the year!
Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus!






















No comments:
Post a Comment