This weekend was quite eventful. On Friday we loaded up the truck and headed for one of my favorite places, Fredericksburg, for the weekend. The babies did great in their new car seats and enjoyed watching movies, snacking, and singing songs with Mommy and Daddy.
Mallory watching Tangled and eating some snacks of course! :)
I was trying to get a picture of him "copying" his Mama. I was smiling real big at him and of course my tiny eyes near close when I smile big. Well he sure thought that was funny and started laughing and squinting too. Haha. Dusty thought it was hilarious. Besides the fact that he was making fun of me, I thought it was pretty clever too! ;) Sweet boy...
Dusty's Popo lives near Luckenbach in the Fburg area so we make frequent trips there, however, this is my favorite time to go because Market Square on Main Street is decorated and lit up for Christmas and it is absolutely beautiful! We were also fortunate enough to go on the weekend that the lighted Christmas parade was being held and we made it into town just in time to enjoy it with some family.
Popo, Mason, and cousin Chelsea
Mallory Grace and her Popo playing
The awesome GIANT HEB cart, my favorite float!
Maser and Daddy having fun!
Sweet baby girl
(Is it bad to be jealous of your own daughter's eyes? Seriously! Ha!)
All the lights in Marktplatz! (Market Square) Just beautiful!
Uncle Bubby, Cousin Chelsea, and Mason waving at Santa Claus
I was quite worried that the babies were not going to do well because they only slept about an hour in the truck the whole day and the parade didn't start until after 6:30 but to my surprise they did SO wonderful and I think they even had a little fun! :)
The main purpose of our trip was actually so Dusty could go pick up our cows. Yes, cows! Dusty decided it would be fun to have a little project with his Popo so he purchased a dexter heifer and steer to live on the land in Fredericksburg. They are little and remind us of Mason and Mallory. Haha! Millie is the female's name (brown) and for various reasons we will not be naming the steer (black), although I refer to him as Moe. ;)
Checking out the cows
Millie will be fun for the kids in a couple of years so I am excited to see how she grows and what they think of her later on.
While Dusty was picking up the cows Saturday morning, Popo had to work so Aunt Sandy drove from Austin to hang out at the house with me and the twins. They love hanging out with her and we also got some time to chat and catch up while the kids were napping. Then we enjoyed some Mexican food for dinner at Mamacitas, my absolute favorite place to eat and we literally go there every time we are in town. Best homemade tortillas and delicious green avocado dip! And their margarita on the rocks aint to shabby either! ;)
Mallory can't get enough of Mamacita's too!
After dinner we headed to Market Square to take pictures with all the lights and walk around Marktplatz. There were lots of families there and they also have a little ice rink set up for skating so it's full of families and fun! On our walk back to the truck Dusty happened to look down and spotted some cash folded up on the ground. There was absolutely nobody near us so I picked it up casually and kept walking. Little did Dusty know I saw the word "FIFTY" as I transferred it to my pocket, but rather than freak out like I had just won the lottery, I waited until we got closer to the truck before I told him. We were sorry for the person that lost it but knowing that there was no way to find its owner, we instead thank that kind person for the dinner that we had enjoyed and treated our family too earlier! Ha! Even though that person didn't intentionally bless us that day, we do plan to pay it forward somehow!
"Crawling around the Christmas tree, have a happy holiday!"
Lebkuchen Haus (German for Gingerbread House)
(Notice Mal's bow hanging around her neck. She is in a lovely stage where she screams and pulls it off every time I put one on. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.)
Me and my loves!
Today we enjoyed a big breakfast from Popo, visited with the family more and then headed home. It was a lovely weekend full of new memories for our family. As if I wasn't already in the Christmas spirit, I think I am now "Christmas giddy" with all the festivities, family, and fun! Hope your weekend was great too! Countdown to Christmas... 15 days!!!
(*Please excuse all the iphone pictures. Over Thanksgiving I managed to let my Nikon DSLR slip out of my lap and it is now in California in the good hands of the official Nikon repair-ers having some minor camera surgery and hopefully on its way back to me in the very near future. Not to sound like a camera snob but I didn't realize how much I love and used my camera, until it was gone... :( Stinks. Especially around the holidays!)
















No comments:
Post a Comment