Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Vegas Weekend

I had to blog about our wonderful weekend because they are memories that I will never forget! I was so blessed to be able to take a trip with my best friend Lacye for her 30th birthday. About a month ago I decided that we needed to do something special for her big bday and we were long overdue for a girls trip. We are both the full time caregivers for our families, so I knew we would only have a couple days. And we did it right in Las Vegas! Two hour nonstop flights, a suite upgrade, and a five minute walk to the mall... yes, it was perfect!


Airplane picture!


Our suite at the Palazzo!


It was sweet!



Our strip view!



Crazy... this car caught on fire driving down the street while Lacye was checking out our view. Scary!



Outside the Wynn

We got there around lunch on Friday, got checked into our room and went straight over to the mall to eat Chipotle (my favorite place to eat on the planet) and do some shopping. We shopped for a few hours and on our way back decided on a whim to get some tickets to La Reve at the Wynn. We went to dinner at our hotel and then headed over to the show. This ended up being my favorite thing we did the whole weekend! We picked some upgraded tickets so had big, comfy chairs with a waitress and tons of leg room. Also the best view in the house. I highly recommend the show! It was AMAZING and completely mind blowing. I laughed half way through because I was so engrossed in the show that I was literally on the edge of my seat, not even enjoying the comfort of my awesome chair, ha! I am SO glad we did that! The show ended at 10:45 pm (12:45 am Texas time) so we called it a night and got a great night sleep.


Dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe



At La Reve


Lacye showing off our awesome "dream level" seats!










AH-mazing show!!

Saturday we had a nice breakfast in our private prestige level lounge and then went back to the mall. Our girls trips always consist of lots of shopping. It is our hobby and what we love to do. Also, the mall was so big and we had lots left to see! ;) The last store we casually stopped into was my favorite and we found lots of fabulous clothes for us, including the outfit I wore later that evening. Other than that we did some great shopping for our babies! Then we went to the pool, had some yummy drinks and snacks, and chatted for a long time while watching the million people there. We went up to the room showered, talked and laughed lots and then got ready to go to dinner. We wandered around and ended up at Caesars Palace so decided to eat at Planet Hollywood. It was so good and pretty mellow. Then we went to The Piano Bar at Harrah's, walked around the strip a bit, and back to our hotel to play some games. We didn't lose too much money, but we sure didn't win! What matters is we laughed A LOT!


Outside the beautiful Venetian


Inside our hotel

Sunday we slept late and then came home! We both had a great time and definitely could have used just one more day, but we were exhausted and missing our sweet families. It was a great break from our normal Mommy lives and it was nice to have uninterrupted adult conversations for a weekend! Thank you to our wonderful husbands and families for keeping our babies. I know they all had fun too. We made some amazing memories and will be looking forward to our next trip!

Happy Birthday sweet Lacye! I am thankful for you and your friendship and sure hope you enjoyed your special trip! :)


1 comment:

The Kalivoda's said...

Oh my gosh, Sarah, words will never fully express how thankful I am to you for planning such a special trip for me! You are such a wonderful friend and you have blessed my life since the day I met you. Love you sweet friend!!!