We got there on Friday about 4:30 and just unloaded and got settled into Popo's place. The babies explored the land for a while and I managed to stand in a huge pile of fire ants (wearing flip flops) while we were playing on the mule. I only got two bites which is shocking because after the first bite I looked down and there were literally 50 ants on my foot! I decided that would be a good time to go in and change diapers and head to dinner. I have mentioned Mamacitas before from our trip there back in December. Yep, that's where we went! I am obsessed and it's now tradition to go there every trip! The kids did well despite napping horribly in the truck. We had the kids in bed by 8:30 and spent a quiet evening watching movies on tv.
Maser man enjoying some Mamacita's!
Mallory does awesome with straws and big kid cups!
The next day we got up and made the hour drive to Kyle to visit Aunt Sandy and swim at one of her cool neighborhood pools. Then we went to lunch at this amazing cafe type place Texas Pie Company. Yummy sandwiches and deserts! Their lemon bars are to die for! Bought a dozen just to bring home to share! Then we went back to Sandys and napped while Dusty and his Popo went to Cabelas. That evening we headed back to enjoy a delicious supper with Dusty's uncles family at their place in Fredericksburg. It was a late night and we all crashed after our busy day.
Daddy, Mallory, Aunt Sandy, Mason
Big boy!
(It rained on us the whole time, but no lightning thank goodness!)
She rubbed chewed up cheez-its all over her face. Cool child, real cool! :/
Mason at Texas Pie Co
Mason at Uncle Bubby's house playing with the work bench!
Mal loved Everett's kitchen!
The babes 2nd cousin Everett. He loved rocking them and sharing his toys!
He was especially fond of Princess.
His Mommy is expecting and I think he is hoping for a baby sister! ;)
Today we made the trip home and spent a quiet evening spending time with Daddy. It was an early night as we are all running on fumes.
We didn't get to spend time with my dad or father in law but hopefully will get to next weekend as we will also be celebrating my dads birthday and our anniversary. May and June are ridiculously crazy for us. I mean what are the odds that my own birthday and my MIL's birthday are on the same day and within days of Mother's Day. And that my husbands and dads birthdays are days apart and also fall right next to Father's Day?? Strange and I am not gonna lie, I am thankful when July is here! Ha! Just so much to do and celebrate and no time!
Happy Fathers Day to my amazing Daddy who would literally do anything for me and my family. I am so thankful that he gets to be so close to my babes.
And Happy Fathers Day to my husband who my kids love so deeply. He is a great Dad and I love watching him with my munchkins! He is perfect for us!
The babies and I did a mini photo shoot for part of Daddy's gift...
Hope you all had a great time celebrating all the awesome fathers in your lives!




















No comments:
Post a Comment