Thursday, January 23, 2014

Toddler Talk

Mason is such a talker these days. He loves to repeat words you say and he is adding to his vocabulary daily. He's also absolutely precious when he talks. If I could record everything he says you better believe I would. So instead I want to journal it here. Starting with my favorite Mason toddler speak.

"Monkey"


I call the blankets in our house "blankies". Well, my little animal loving Mason has associated that with the more familiar word monkey. So now he wakes up in the morning, climbs into the recliner to watch cartoons, and so sweetly requests his milk, puppers, and his monkey. I ask him several times a day about a blankie just to hear him call it a monkey. So cute!

I have previously used the word "neh" for milk because Mason, at just over a year old, began asking for his milk with the sound "neh". My big boy now says "milk" clear as day. I am not going to lie, this breaks my heart a little. I feel like he is just growing so fast. I kinda wanted him to be in elementary school asking the cafeteria lady for some "chocolate neh". So I could hold on to the baby cuteness forever. But it's probably for the best, yeah? Hummmm...

No comments: