Friday, January 10, 2014

A Special Day

Several months ago I wrote a post and casually requested prayers for a friend, remember this? Well if you joined me in prayer I sure appreciate it and praise God for answered prayers, because sometimes the result is well, just too awesome...


Meet Baby H!

That sweet, tiny, in utero little baby belongs to this beautiful lady and her husband...


Sara and Ryan

Sara and I met in the summer of 2010 when we began working for the same company at the new office they were opening here. She sat next to me at our first team dinner and all I kept thinking is "this chick never shuts up!" Haha. Don't get me wrong, she was friendly as can be but it takes me forever to warm up to new people so to see someone hold conversations with strangers like she did, I was completely intimidated! Turns out, thats what makes Sara so successful at work, holding conversations with strangers like she's known them for years. And that is why we instantly became friends over co-workers! She is genuinely interested in other people and helping them in any way possible.


When Sara began opening up to me back in 2011 about starting her family, we again had another bond to share. Little did we know her journey was going to be long, but I am so thankful that I was able to go through it with her. Although our paths to getting pregnant were different, our pain and frustration were the same. Sara went month after month without a positive pregnancy test and then further medical evaluation showed her situation was also being complicated by ovarian cysts. Finding the right remedy to treat such a condition and being patient waiting for it to work also proved to be disappointing and more than anything, incredibly time consuming for someone who is so ready to have a baby.


When I got that call in early October, "Sarah, the cysts are gone! We got the green light!" I knew it was going to be that month we were ready and waiting for. We also bonded in my kitchen as I gave her a trigger shot (hCG injection used by doctors to induce ovulation at the optimum time of the month) in the belly! Haha! I had to give myself shots while trying to get pregnant and everyday while I was pregnant so she trusted me to do it, although I was a little nervous but tried to act confident to keep from freaking her out!

On October 23rd at 11 o'clock at night I was clinging to the phone waiting on her to get home from a big work trip so she could take a pregnancy test. (I tried to talk her in to taking one in an airport bathroom during one of her long layovers, she refused, lol.) Finally I got it, a picture of a beautiful, pee'd on, POSITIVE pregnancy test! She wanted to surprise her husband with a gift the next day so we celebrated by jumping around our own bathrooms and texting OMG over and over! Haha. That, that was her big moment and it was amazing!


Fast forward to yesterday, a very special day! Sara has given me the honor and privilege (and serious pressure, ha) of learning the baby's gender through a special ultrasound at just over 15 weeks and keeping it a secret for the next 2 weeks! She is having a gender reveal party with their family and friends in her hometown of Houston so I am busy prepping for the big reveal.


Baby H looks great and tiny! It was doing flips and started upside down. It also cooperated on giving us a good gender shot but I've talked Sara into doing one more ultrasound in 2 weeks just for confirmation before the big party, since this one was so early. Really, I just wanted an excuse to see the baby again. Because we are looking at a pretty special miracle here!


Can't wait to meet you baby H! 
You are blessed with an amazing Mommy and I know she is sure excited to be blessed by you!

Thank you Sara for allowing me to be part of all the baby fun and for letting me share your beautiful story. I am so thrilled for you guys and can't wait to snuggle that baby!

I'll update you guys on the big news after the party in a couple of weeks!

No comments: