Every year after Christmas we attend D's Granny's family reunion about an hour away from us. Saturday morning we loaded up and enjoyed a nice lunch and visit with family.
Enjoying some lunch!
Mallory walking around the building.
Wow. Mallory last year at the reunion!
Mason and all the kids in 2012. Look how tiny he was!
We then drove another hour further to visit our friends and their sweet kids. We had a blast and decided to stay an extra night.
Pax and Princess watching Tangled
The girls walking their babies
Love these sweet girls!
But, Monday morning Mason woke up screaming and would not lay back down. I noticed he kept rubbing the right side of his nose, cheek, eye and right ear. Then he started feeling warmer. We got up and abruptly threw everything in the truck to try to make the two hour drive home and get Maser to the doctor. He cried the WHOLE way home. It broke my heart. I had given him some Advil but the pain was too much for him. It was clearly an ear infection. He wanted so bad to just be cuddled by Mommy and not be pinned down in a car seat. He ended up throwing up about 10 minutes from home just from crying. It was the longest car trip ever. Really it only took us an hour and a half and we made it just in time for his appointment at 11 am. Or so I thought. They finally got us in a room at 1 PM! So annoying. He threw up on me in the lobby of the doctor too after napping on me for an hour, which he never does. I was so mad about waiting that I was a little happy he did, felt like my revenge for taking so long. I'm awful, haha.
After 3 straight hours of crying, he finally stopped because he fell asleep after I loaded him in my car to go to the doctor. :( His eyes were so red and puffy. Look at where he perched his little hands.
Sleeping on my chest at the doctors office.
If we had been at home, I could have stayed like that forever!
Sure enough, his right ear was quite infected and puss filled. Bless my boys heart. Because he was showing signs of nausea they gave him a 24 hour antibiotic shot to get him started feeling better. Monday night I was still having trouble keeping his fever down and decided we should cancel our New Years Eve get together, which made me incredibly sad but I knew my job instead of prepping for a party all day NYE would be to get my little boy healthy again. So that's what we did. Thankfully he woke up with just a low grade fever on Tuesday and acted more like himself. Mallory had some gross diapers on Monday so I was worried that we might have also contracted some tummy stuff but she went back to normal on Tuesday. We ended up having a low key NYE watching the A&M game and playing with the babes. Dusty and I toasted with Sprite at midnight and watched a few episodes of the Unit and went to sleep. It was quite the party!
Not how we expected to ring in the New Year but I can't think of a more appropriate way to start 2014 than taking care of my little family. 2013 was a fabulous year for us and there are a lot of fun things we are looking forward to this year. Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!








No comments:
Post a Comment