We have some funk in our house that has made this week pretty miserable. Both babies started getting runny noses about a week ago but I chalked it up to allergies. Then Monday they started coughing. Yesterday morning just flat out did us in. Mason woke up at 4:30 am screaming and crying and I assumed he was having trouble breathing even with the humidifier. He kept crying for about 30 min and finally threw up all over our bed. Dusty was up getting ready for work so helped me get clean linens down and get resettled. Mason was still fussy and discontent. Dusty left and shortly after Maser vomited again, all over the bed and me. You'd think I would have prepared better, but it was barely 6 am and I was tired and flustered. So, I started the bathtub and we both got cleaned up. He finally perked up and started laughing and playing in the tub. We got out and I was able to get more clean blankets down. We snuggled and went back to sleep about 7. Thankfully, Mal slept until almost 9 so Bubba and I could recover from an already eventful morning. I got Mas into the doctor that afternoon and turns out he has a double ear infection that is quite severe and painful, caused by the respiratory virus that he was already battling. He is such a trooper but I am so glad I took him in before it got worse. This is our first real illness so it has been heartbreaking to see him so uncomfortable. But now he's on meds and hopefully back to himself soon! Sister seems to be feeling good minus a little cough and congestion. Just hoping she doesn't get the ear junk too.
Maser in the waiting room at the pediatrician office. He was quite the social one. I think he thought we were there for a play date. ;)
My baby girl snuggling in Daddy's chair. She loves playing with the remote. :/
My little Maser man being such a tough guy while sick. And his crazy hair. Haha.
I am thankful that we have gone 15 months without any weeks like this. I am also thankful it is not worse. But I would be super happy if we go 15 more months without any sicklies in the house. Wishful thinking I am sure...
Not a fun way to spend it but, Happy 15 Months tweedle buggies!!



No comments:
Post a Comment