Monday, February 4, 2013

Friday Fun and Spring?

Friday afternoon Dusty went out of town to go bird hunting so the twins and I had a fun time just the 3 of us. I decided to make it something different and special. We needed to go to a kids shoe store so I could get the kids sized and get some good walking shoes so we went ahead and got that out of the way. We then made a fun trip to Toys R Us to pick out a new toy. Mallory picked out a baby doll stroller walker and Mason picked out an awesome 2 foot race track. Funny, that is exactly what I would have picked for them. ;) We grabbed some Taco Villa for dinner, the babies had their first taco burger and they loved it. They would have eaten a whole one each if I would have ordered two. Instead, we had some extra mandarin oranges for dessert. I did overestimate my assembly abilities but once I got the drill out the new toys were ready for fun. We skipped bath time and played and laughed. I made a big pallet on the living room floor and we snuggled and watched Shrek before bed. The kids were so good and had so much fun. I know they don't understand the difference but as they get older I hope to keep making times like this extra special and fun for all of us! 





I have to admit, I have been a little bitter that we didn't get a good snow or have a few really cold days this winter. Although I know that we still may have days like this, all this warm weather sure has me thinking about spring. Dusty and I worked hard yesterday cleaning up the yards and I am so glad we did. The kids and I spent most of the day today outside. They love it out there. They would probably live out there if I let them! So besides the fact that we still have a lot of unworn winter clothes in size 12-18 months, I am now in the "bring on the spring" mode. I am excited to think about all the fun outdoor things we can do now that the babies are walking, or close to in Mallory's case. Since Mal is set on not letting go, she is still crawling or using her walker to get everywhere. We took it outside and she ran that thing all over the patio. Meanwhile, Mason was busy walking around collecting sticks. We water on Sundays so there was a nice big water puddle on the cement pad at the back gate that they enjoyed jumping, splashing, and sitting in. Hence the outfit change for the afternoon. Haha. We also got out the slide, the four wheelers, and had a little fun on the swings! Yep, it can stay warm. Heck, we might all live outside for the next few months! ;)










No comments: