The celebrations started a couple of weeks ago. The kids did a book exchange at school and I made their class some tree cookies.
That week I was also able to join two of my girlfriends for a wine and canvas party. It was my first one and I LOVED it! We did a painting titled "Oh Holy Night". Mine wasn't the best but all that matters is that you have fun, right!?
Then the next night the same girlfriends and I had our annual Christmas girls night out/gift exchange. We didn't take a single picture but we ate lots, drank lots and laughed lots! It was a great time!
The next day Daddy and Bubba left for the deer lease to squeeze in some hunting before the season ends. Sister and I had a girls day full of last minute Christmas shopping. We also managed to squeeze in a frozen yogurt date.
That night we went to do Christmas with some of my family that came to town. We finally got to meet baby Luke, who was born the day before my nephew.
My nephew is such a good baby!
The next morning D and Maser got a deer! Mason will tell you that he shot a deer. He was so proud. (The pic was a little yucky so I cropped it just so you could see my excited little hunter!)
The boys came home and we all got a good nap. That night we went out for dinner and went to look at Christmas lights.
(Edit: Disclaimer that we are totally parked at an awesome musical house in these pics! She did not ride in the drivers seat with Daddy. I am sure you all assumed that but I felt like I should clarify!)
Monday I decided we needed to attempt Santa pics and the mall was the only place to go. I am so glad we went. Mallory loved Santa. She talked to him and hugged on him and was just the sweetest little thing. Mason wanted to talk to him but did not want to take a picture with him. He wasn't concerned about Santa biting him, so at least we made improvements there! Ha.
Snapped this one while we were waiting for the photographer to get ready. Melted my heart.
Santa knew how to "make" the picture!
As soon as he got out of his lap, he was fine. Then we got in the car and he said...
"I had fun with Santa Cwaus, Mommy!" (As he ate my whole pretzel dog!)
That evening I had my annual reunion dinner with my La Petite family. I grew up dancing in an amazing dance studio called La Petite and unfortunately in high school our studio owner had to move to Austin. We all continued dancing under Miss Amanda, but it was hard saying goodbye to Lori. We got together last year but she had an emergency and couldn't make it so we were thrilled when she came this year. I love seeing all these faces that were such a huge part of my life in junior high and high school.
That evening I had my annual reunion dinner with my La Petite family. I grew up dancing in an amazing dance studio called La Petite and unfortunately in high school our studio owner had to move to Austin. We all continued dancing under Miss Amanda, but it was hard saying goodbye to Lori. We got together last year but she had an emergency and couldn't make it so we were thrilled when she came this year. I love seeing all these faces that were such a huge part of my life in junior high and high school.
Later that evening I was picking up the house and found this...
We read the story of Jesus' birth often and the kids enjoy playing with the nativity set year round. But apparently Mallory felt that Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus needed to get in on the Frozen craze...
You just have to laugh!
This was my favorite part, the old trucks and the hand crank siren. Maser thought that was pretty cool too!
Mallory buckled herself in and said "cwose the door!" Silly head.
Christmas Eve Mal and I baked cookies for Santa while the boys went with Papaw to the archery store.
That night we had our Christmas celebration with my family at Honey and Poppy's house.
This boy is just so happy! I love him to pieces!!
Cookie decorating chaos! Sorry Santa!
H&P spoiled all of us, as usual, and we had a delicious Christmas Eve dinner! It was a wonderful night!
After our Christmas morning at home we went to my Aunt K's house for Christmas with my family and the extended family. Aunt K spoiled the twins with tons of fun toys!
That afternoon we went for our final celebration with D's family at Gamaw and Papaws house.
All the goofy grandkids!
They were so excited about their new power wheels!
We are so thankful for our families who love and spoil our kids (and us!) so much. We are grateful to have everyone involved in our lives and making memories and traditions with the kids. Why we love Christmas so much!
Friday D had to work in the morning and then we drove to Lubbock to ride the Polar Express that night.
My sweet baby!
Mason actually did much better with Santa on the train. He shook his hand, told him about the dump truck Santa brought him, and never once acted scared. Turns out, the jolly old man aint so scary after all! They are still talking about riding the "choo choo spress"! We decided to stay in a hotel overnight in Lubbock since we had to be in Lamesa for our annual family reunion the next morning.
At our hotel!
Mal being Miss Social at D's Granny's family reunion.
My handsome running around with the big boys!
These reunions have been going on for over 2 decades. The turnout this year was actually the biggest I have ever seen it. It was so neat. They try to get family pictures every year and then they bring the photo albums of past reunions. It was really neat looking back through them all. This was my first one the year Dusty and I were married...
We missed 2010 because we were in New York and then obviously the 2011 reunion we had 2 tiny newborns at home. But I spy two familiar looking little babies in this 2012 pic...
And we didn't take family pictures last year but I found this pic of Mal in the book! Covered in water, crazy hair and all.
I spent the remainder of the weekend de-Christmasing, organizing, and cleaning the house while the buggies had a sleepover at Gamaw's.
It has really been a busy but very blessed holiday season. It was a perfect way to celebrate the birth of our Savior! I am looking forward to the adventures, excitement, and memories the New Year will bring. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year! Bring on 2015!















































No comments:
Post a Comment