Sunday, January 11, 2015

New Year

2015 is off to a great start, except for the fact that my brain is stuck in 2014 and I dated a check this week 12/6/2014! (Cant it be December forever!?!?) Hehe.

But really, we are having fun and staying busy! Usually the new year is nothing of true significance to us but this year D and I both felt pretty motivated to take advantage of a fresh start so to speak. Rather than actual resolutions we just made lists of things we would like to do better this year and we both feel pretty motivated by it. So, hoping that motivation continues and leads to lifestyle changes.

Of course the list includes the typical eat better and workout on a regular basis. (Why does this have to be so hard!?) Luckily I found a class at the Y that I LOVE called Barre. How does someone who danced for over 15 years not know they have a ballet based fitness class!? (She doesn't go to the gym enough!) 

Anyway, it hurts like a son of a gun but it takes me back to my high school dance days and the joy that dance brought me growing up. And it's just plain fun and good for you! So from someone who has found it so hard to stay motivated to get active I can honestly say, find something you love and it makes it much easier! I have only gone to 2 classes but I am giddy excited to go to class tomorrow. (The waking up part is harder than the actual workout! Ha.) The twins even say "Mommy, you go to barre cwass morrow? We pway at gym?" 

The kids started a new gymnastics class last week too. I've been waiting on them to turn 3 so I could get them in at a gym that I've heard great things about. They loved it and even my timid little Maser man warmed up quickly and had a great time!

 
Before gymnastics class!

Hope you are all having a fun freezing start to 2015!

No comments: