1. I let my 3 year olds watch Shrek the Halls (that they've seen before and has been recorded on our dvr for the last 2 years.) In the show the gingerbread man is telling his story of the night before Christmas and of course Santa picks up the gingerbread girl that he is on a date with and eats her. Mason tensed up, started shaking, and began sobbing hysterically. Now you mention Santa Claus and he immediately responds "Santa Claus bite you!" Oh my heavens help me! Totally my fault but come on now. I haven't even attempted to do a Santa visit this year because no matter how many times I try to clarify that Santa doesn't bite you, Santa eats cookies, he still says it EVERY gosh dern time! So, maybe this time next year he will have forgotten about it! Fail.
2. Our elves finally arrived 3
days ago. And some stinking lazy elves they are. Max and Piper have done nothing but hang on stuff and one night they flew right back to the spot they were in the day before. I'm like, come on guys, do something creative. Sheesh. Elf on the shelf. Fail. (Seriously though, how do you people have time for all that creativity!?)
3. Teacher presents!!
Yeah right. Totally cute. Totally pinterestie. Totally not what I did.
I put hugs and kisses in a jar with Sonic gift cards. You see what I did there. I bought stuff and put it in stuff and there was no making of the stuff. I am sure they will still be appreciative so I can't call this a complete fail. But yeah, I need to step up my game when we get in real school!
4. While all of the kiddos presents have been purchased, the rest of the family, well, I give you my love this Christmas. And anything you would like off of Amazon with free prime shipping. And not a single wrapped present in my house. Where did DECEMBER GO? Fail.
5. My Christmas cards went out... today. On December 15th. I'm going to actually call this one a WIN. I was fairly certain these weren't happening at all this year!
So to all of you dear friends on top of all of your traditions, shopping, and festivities this year. I commend you and hate you. Now come help me!!!!
10 DAYS TIL SANTA COMES TO BITE YOU!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment