Friday, September 12, 2014

Little Girl, Big Personality

We knew from our first few weeks with Mallory in our life that she was going to be FULL of personality. She was a high maintenance baby with little quirks and obsessions. She carried over some of those obsessions into toddlerhood and, my my, has her personality continued to grow with her age and developing vocabulary.

We call Mal "Sister" at home. It is just something that stuck when we started referring to the kids as Sister and Bubba in reference to each other. So she often refers to herself as "sister". The other day my Mom made a comment about Mallory going to these new places and not even knowing what to tell people her name is. She gets shy with new people and usually just doesn't answer. So I thought I would test it out and said "Mallory, what is your name?" She stopped, looked at me, pointed her finger to her chest and said " dis Princess".

I can't think of a better description of our daughter! She is convinced she's royalty living in her own little world most of the time and doing things her little way. I love her confidence, her spunky spirit, her ability to make me laugh when I need it the most, and her ability to love everyone and everything around her. I look forward to watching this little spitfire grow into a beautiful young girl and treasuring the sweet memories she brings our family everyday!

Lots of my favorite "Mallory Moments" of the last almost 3 years...


























No comments: