Monday, July 7, 2014

Oh, For The Love

Leave it to my kids to get sick in the smack middle of summer.

Last week - Mallory: croup and ear infection

This week - Mason: croup, ear infection and gastrointestinal virus

This week - Mommy: sore throat and going insane

Y'all, I haven't got to hold my sweet new nephew since last Thursday! And he lives less than a minute from me.

And we've had lots of this...


And some of this...


This too shall pass, this I know. Until then I'm going to be sad that my buggies don't feel good. And sad that we are replacing precious summer days of fun with tears, coughs, and fights over medicine.

Better times are ahead, indeed!

Oh yeah, our fourth was supposed to be a day full of swimming and cooking out. While it was somewhat fun, Mallory and I spent most of the day on the couch while she just cried in pain. But the food was yummy and they at least looked precious and festive for the occasion!! Happy 4th!




1 comment:

BM said...

Oh man! These silly summertime things are NO fun! Hope the buggies are feeling better (and you too!).