Monday, July 21, 2014

Memories and More

We've had some fun times and some lazy days here lately. So just thought I would catch up on what the tweedle buggies have been up to.

Last week my sweet Lacye and her daughter Harper came for a visit while her boys were out of town with grandparents. We had the opportunity to catch up, make memories with the three kiddos, and just enjoy each other's company for a few days! It was a blessing to both of us!


A little winding down before bed.


A swim day, of course!


And a park day too!




 
Sweetness!

The girls had to return home Wednesday and we were sad. But the buggies had a treat waiting at Honey and Poppy's that night!



Meet CC and Corny!

My Mom ordered the twins these adorable and awesome pony cycles! The kids LOVE them and have been riding them nonstop!


Even in the morning in our undies, haha!


And while wearing a jammie shirt, shoes and a baby in a baby sling!

Thursday we had a lazy play day and wore these cutie comfy outfits from Carters... 


"Never Stop Dancing Ever" - complete with tight black yoga pants with matching color strip at the waist. Love! Makes me super excited for her to start dance classes in the next year or two!


Maser's "Don't Sweat Me" shirt. Couldn't be more appropriate for this little dude! Ha! His matching athletic pants are also cute but, he doesn't sit still. ;)

 
Oh yeah, and this! My new favorite hairstyle for Princess... The messy bun!


Friday I had the privledge of keeping this sweet little man while his mommy and daddy went to the grocery store. I am a bit obsessed with my nephew ya'll. Especially his precious red hair!

That night we went to H&P's to hang out and eat. (We may or may not have ordered TEN different sushi rolls from a local sushi place. I was in heaven!! Delish! I could eat it everyday if it weren't so gah darn expensive!)

I captured this shot of my girl and her poor Poppy who lets her be the boss and does anything she wants him to, including sit in the pantry wearing sunglasses and eating cookies. Oh sister!


Saturday morning this Mommy got a pedicure/manicure date with a sweet friend and felt quite spoiled! While I was there I got this picture in a text from my husband...


He took the twins to see the new Planes movie all by himself! He said they were awesome and enjoyed their first popcorn experience! They ate almost half the bucket just the two of them! Love that he is brave and likes to get the kids out to do fun things. I tend to overthink potty breaks and worst case scenarios to the point of scaring myself out of doing stuff by myself. I'm working on this y'all! :)

That afternoon we went to celebrate our friends hubby's birthday with a family friendly swim party!


The girls on a break for dinner.


Mason had a great time swimming with sweet McKinley Grace!

Sunday we spent the ENTIRE day building a storage shed in the backyard. Well, my husband did the hard labor but I was out there assisting the whole time. Luckily most of it was done during nap so I didn't have to run around being mommy and assistant. But we were seriously exhausted by the end. I am relieved it's finished and off the to do list!

Today I started attempting to wean my big boy off of his Nuk silicone cup. He uses it like a paci and we've replaced almost 50 spouts over the last almost 2 years. (At almost $3 a piece, yikes!) I am so done with those cups and found some great ones to switch to. Or so I thought. Mal could care less but my dude is having a HARD time. Like, it's rocking his little world. He will not take milk in any other cup but his Nuk one. (He won't even drink milk from a restaurant unless it's in that cup!) That nurturing part of me is struggling and wants to give in.  Would you please pray for us? I know it's not major but he is having a hard time and I am getting frustrated. I can't stand hurting his little spirit like this, and he doesn't understand this is actually better for him. :(

Hoping for a happy and healthy week ahead!



1 comment:

♥Jodi said...

I LOVE all their cute MJ clothes :)) And I am sooo like you and I always think about the "work" it takes when taking the kids solo...guys don't care...they just go. I guess we could learn something from them :)