Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Three Days of Potty Training


Alright guys. We have reached the end of three days of potty training and as it turns out, we are going to survive!

Day 1

Monday was rough. Mason would tee tee a little bit in his undies and then say "mommy, tee tee" and run to the potty. He spent most of the day doing this which I was impressed with and only had one big accident. Mallory Grace on the other hand, oh my geeze! She would tee tee in her undies every 5 minutes and not even know it until it was rolling down her leg to her feet! I have never been more frustrated. I would get her to the potty after that and there would be nothing left. So we would clean up and not even two minutes later she was tee teeing on herself again. She had absolutley no understanding of the concept. I went to bed stressed, in tears, and completely defeated. I was certain that I was going to have to delay her.

Day 2

We woke up, got out of our nighttime diapers, and got all undied up for another training day. Mason continued to catch himself just before having an accident and showed fairly good bladder control. Mallory, within 5 minutes of being in undies, had already had an accident. While I was cleaning up she wandered off to play before I could get a pair of dry undies on her and then she said "oh, potty, run run" and sat down and successfully tee teed all by herself! So we ditched the undies and she did not have a single accident the rest of the day.


Day 3

Maser man continued to be a big boy and tee teed on the potty but up to this point he had gone #2 in his naptime diaper upon waking up from nap. But, this morning I could tell he needed to go but he was sacred to. Finally he had to go and even though he cried I danced and screamed so that he would know it was a good thing. Bless his heart. He finally got happy but he was a little weirded out by it, haha. Mallory had a wonderful day without a single accident, although it was another naked day for her. I am not sure what will happen when we decide to actually leave the house again and she has to wear clothes. We will cross that bridge when we decide to!

Overall, I am very pleased with the progress we have made in just 3 short days. I have moved all the toys back to the playroom and they are now capable of running into the living room from the other side of the house to come potty. I feel confident that we will be able to make short trips out soon and realize it's just going to all be a learning experience! But so far, excluding Monday, this milestone is going better than I expected.


No comments: