Saturday, March 1, 2014

Feeling Too Much


I'm feeling too much right now. We have transitioned the babies into their toddler beds and I'm feeling sad that my babies are actually kids now. I'm feeling proud and surprised that the transition went so incredibly smooth. I'm feeling accomplished with each addition I make to the kids new big kid rooms. I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed with the day to day needs and discipline of two 2 year olds. I'm feeling super excited that the kids are getting so much easier to be out and about with. 


I'm feeling emotional with every baby thing I box up to pass on to my sister for baby Hudson. Which reminds me, I'm feeling over the moon that I am having a sweet nephew! I'm feeling amazed at how much my big boy is talking these days. And I'm feeling nervous about starting potty training sometime in the next month.



I'm feeling a ton right now. But I am thankful everyday for the life that surrounds me and makes me feel the way I do. My best friend Lacye shared this blog post with me and it resonated so much with this phase of life that we are in that I wanted to share here. It's a good read for all Mom's but, it definitely struck me hard as a stay at home mom. Fair warning, you will probably cry.

"These years of being needed are exhausting, yet fleeting.  I have to stop dreaming of “one day” when things will be easier.  Because, the truth is, it may get easier, but it will never be better than today."


I mean, wow. The truth moves mountains in my heart. And that's certainly a good thing.

No comments: