I am loving my job as a stay at home Mommy now more than ever. Not that I didn't love it before, but lets be real here. Two infants are a lot of work! We are entering a challenging stage of learning how to discipline 17 month olds for their poor choices. They are limited on communication and we are limited on logical disciplinary tactics at this age, but, I know we will figure it all out.
Watching these two, totally different I might add, little humans become so independent and do things you never think about them doing is so fulfilling. I mean, who knew I would get so excited that Mason learned how to place his gear toys on the handle of his little horse. It sounds stupid, but I was so proud that his little mind worked hard enough to figure out that something with a hole in the middle could hang on a round peg. And I love that when I get Mallory dressed in the mornings and tell her how pretty she looks she stands up and smiles and says "cheeeeethe" (cheese).
Their personalities are growing so much as well as their passion for things. Mason has developed a great love for trains. He has a "choo choo book" as we call it that he can identify and pull of his bookshelf and he knows exactly which pages to say "whoooo whoooo" on. Mallory is passionate about all things girly. (No influence from me there, wink wink.) She loves accessories. Her latest fashion trend is to go into her bow drawer and get her stretchy hairbands to wear on her arm like bracelets. She picks the ones with sequins and walks around wearing them on her elbows. We have quite the fashionista on our hands.
This age is also my favorite because they love everyone. They get excited when they see grandparents, or Dusty and I if we have been away. They show their affection with hugs and kisses and it melts me to the bone.
They are growing too fast but I am definitely savoring every step in this phase of toddlerhood. It will be gone much too soon.






1 comment:
Precious babies :) We really need to get together soon!!
Post a Comment