The day started around 8:30 this morning when the kids woke up. I am a night owl, usually up past midnight, so I typically don't get up until they do. This morning I awoke to the sound of my Maser man on the monitor saying "ahhh, uh uh, ahhh, uh uh. eh? eh?" Translation: "Mom, no no, Mom, no no. Finished? Finished?" I think it's so funny that he interprets signing "finished" as getting out of something i.e. crib, stroller, high chair. Silly boy!
So I got up, brushed my hair and teeth and went to get the monkeys up. Mason's diaper had leaked as usual so he and his bed were wet. The kid drinks so much milk! I gave them their milk cups and changed diapers as we do every morning. I then stripped their beds to throw in the washer while the kids ate breakfast bars in their chairs and watched Doc Mcstuffins on Disney. I picked out their clothes for the day and got them dressed. I threw on a T-shirt and shorts so we could go out then I packed a diaper bag with snacks and cups and headed to Avis Lube to get my oil changed and state inspection done.
We got there about 10 am. I love the place where I get my oil changed. The have a soda fountain with the most delicious dr pepper and yummy ice, free for customers! It is always crazy busy but they have a separate room for kids with toys and a TV playing Nick Jr shows. I tried letting the kids out of the stroller but they kept darting for the two exits which didn't have doors for me to trap them in. So back in the stroller they went. But they stayed entertained between snacks, Max and Ruby on TV, and the yummy ice. (My kids love eating ice! Is that normal? Ha!) Also, this place has ladies day on Tuesdays so I get 10% off my bill. While we were there I got a call from my friend Sara who wanted to meet for lunch. So after about an hour and 15 min of waiting we headed home before lunch.
Mason enjoying yogurt melts and playing in the kids waiting room
Mallory Grace snacking and saying "cheese" for Mommy :)
Playing in the kids room. Mallory elbow deep in a cup of ice! Ha!
I had enough time to take a quick shower and throw on some makeup while the kids played in the playroom. We changed diapers and headed to McAllisters to meet Sara. We had not seen her in a while and she is willing to drive over to our side of town to meet us which is super sweet!
We got to the deli about 12:15 and enjoyed a crazy lunch. Mallory ate everything in sight and Mason stuck his hand in Sara's salad dressing and threw all his food on the floor! Oh gee, such a fun age for outings! But really, they were very good and loved seeing Miss Sara!
She helped me load and then we headed home for nap time! A much needed refreshing part of the day! We got home and I changed the kids diapers, filled their water sippies and tossed them in bed right around 1:45. I had to pick up the house, put some stuff away and finish some laundry. I started to hang up some of the kids clothes and could hear Mallory still talking in her bed about 2:15!! Crazy girl. She finally fell asleep about 10 minutes later. I folded towels and put away more laundry while watching Grey's Anatomy reruns on Lifetime. Then I switched over to CNN to get updated on the aftermath of the tragic tornado in Oklahoma. I can't imagine such horror. While watching I started emailing for information on local Mothers Day Out programs for the twins for the fall. (I had no clue that registration for many of these programs started back in February. Wait lists everywhere! I am so behind!)
The kids woke up about 4:15 and I changed diapers, gave them some banana, and we headed to the backyard to play. They love it out there. Seriously, it's hard to get them inside without a bribe sometimes! But I am glad they like to be outdoors getting dirty and being active. Around 5:30 we came inside to eat supper. I heated up some leftover turkey and cheese macaroni (cheeseburger macaroni hamburger helper made with ground turkey, haha) and some beets. The babies began eating and soon after Gamaw (Dustys Mom) got to the house to keep the kiddos so I could go out for a nice girls night. Dusty is in the midst of a stressful deadline so has been working past 8 every night!
About 6 pm I headed to On The Border to meet my dear friends Amanda and Toya. Amanda and I have known each other for 18 years. She was my dance mentor and teacher growing up and has become one of my greatest friends. Toya and I met through dance where we both were instructors 4 years ago and we were friends from the first dinner together! These two mean the world to me. We only get together a couple times a month but when we do we talk like we've seen each other everyday. Amanda has a beautiful 6 year old girl and Toya has 2 little girls. So it sure is fun to get away from the hectic everyday craziness of our families and just laugh. And have some yummy food and drinks of course!
Me, Toya, and Amanda after 3 hours of nonstop chatting!
Now I will be heading for some much needed sleep! So that is it! A day in the life of me and my buggies!









No comments:
Post a Comment