Tuesday, February 24, 2015

One of Those Days

I try not to gripe on here too often. But, sometimes life just gets sucky, I have no better way to put it.

After a long night with Mallory and her sore throat keeping her up, she woke up this morning next to me in tears. Temp 102.7. And her throat looking even grosser than yesterday. 

To the pedi we went, where we waited forever. (And they had me do our yearly update paperwork. I mean seriously, I have a sick feverish little girl that wants me to hold her and is fidgety because she is so uncomfortable and you want me to fill out 50 pages of information that requires digging for numbers, addresses, and cards. Sure. Sure. It's not like we were just there for a nice calm well check or anything!!! Ugh, gggggrrrrrrr! I was so irritated that I probably should have just said no!!)

Anyway, back to more griping. Mallory has STREP y'all. No joke. Remember my last post where I said she has been on two different antibiotics over the last twelve days to clear her ear infection? On her fifth day of this new antibiotic (the strongest one they have for kids) she has still managed to contract a nasty nasty strain of strep. The doctor was shocked. He swabbed fully expecting it to be negative proving to be viral, but it was very positive. This is what made him swab though... (Sorry for the gross pic.)




I have never seen anything like the crap growing in the poor girls throat. Strep is treated with antibiotics. Oh wait, WE ARE ALREADY ON THEM. Oh sure, lets try another one!

So I left the pedi frustrated that my poor girl has not been herself in almost three weeks. And just annoyed that we have to start another 10 day antibiotic.

After lunch I had to run to the kids school to pick up their blankets (since they didn't get to go to school today) and say goodbye to their teachers. (We are switching programs and today was supposed to be their last day. More on that in a later post.) I left my phone at home but it had been 3 hours since Mals meds were called in so I figured they would be ready, so I made a stop at the pharmacy. 20 minutes waiting in the drive thru for them to tell me they still weren't ready!

Went home and got the kids in bed for nap. An hour and a half later not one person in this house had slept a wink. (What the heck? Even the sick one was wired.) So, missing our window for a good nap I made them get up to go to the store and go get meds. Grocery store with my two 3 year olds. Need I say more. (No worries, we sanitized our cart before and after so that we didn't infect any unsuspecting kids! I'm that mom. I carry Clorox wipes around.)

The night went well. Until I started going though the mail and found a prepaid Visa card sent to my husband, that he did not request. This two weeks after receiving notice of fraudulent activity on one of our credit cards forcing us to close the account and get new cards. It appears we have fallen victim to the recent cyber attack on the company that D's work uses for medical insurance. Faaaaaantastic. Fanfreakingtastic.

So tonight, I gripe that people suck and invade your privacy and steal things that don't belong to them. And I gripe that after a fairly healthy winter, the up and down weather has triggered a wave of illness that has just thrown the flow of our house off. I haven't been to barre class in two weeks, I am drinking too much dr pepper because all this stresses me out and that's what I do, I have only cooked three times in the last week, and just blah.

When it rains, it pours.

I don't like writing these posts because in the grand scheme of things, everything is fine and we are all gonna be ok. But, sometimes you just want to have a pity party. So that's what I'm gonna do.

Oh yeah, you know how on days like this you hit your elbow on the wall, drop your keys repeatedly, smush your finger in the door, run into your child knocking them over, yeah... When I say it was one of those days, it reaaaaally was.

But now I'm in bed, laughing my head off at Blake and Adam talking smack to each other on The Voice. Good escape after the long day! Thanks for reading my whiny rant. I'll leave you with a laugh too...


That's one expensive eye doctor bill! Hehe!

No comments: