Tonight in the car we were singing "If you're happy and you know it say Amen, Amen! If you're happy and you know it say Amen..." Mason yells "Oh Man". Umm. No buddy. Amen and Oh man do NOT mean the same thing. "In Jesus name I pray, Oh man."
Gosh he's got my heart with his funny sayings, random sweet kisses and that smile!
Mallory, bless her, has decided that sleep is 100% overrated. In fact, it is now common for her to be totally completely awake at midnight. And it takes her almost 2 hours to fall asleep at naptime. My Mommy manual didn't say anything about 2 year old sleep regression. But for the record... It sucks. I love her but her new found joy in being awake, yeah not so much loving that.
We have some ideas and a plan in place to try to combat this. One of those things will happen next week and it will involve switching her room to what is currently the playroom. Her room has that huge north facing window and arch window so it is always bright bright bright. Great for playing, not so much for sleeping. So, this Mommy gets to paint her new room (again) and start on a playroom. Her current room is slightly bigger so I am actually pretty excited to utilize the space as play space. And, blackout curtains are on the way for the one small window in her new room! Now, wish I would have thought of this back in January before I did the big kid rooms, but, you know. I like to make life complicated! ;)
Mason woke up Monday night at 1 am and didn't go back to sleep until 5 am. He kept saying "ear hurt" and just crying. Turned out to be dreaded swimmers ear. His pain at night has been awful. These are much worse then inner ear infections! Poor little guy.
Y'all, please stage an intervention. I have a serious problem. I indulge at least weekly if not twice a week...
I love this little guy soooo much. Being his Aunt is amazing.
We attended our first Triple A baseball game for D's company picnic night. It was really fun and the buggies were just happy as can be.
The kids wanted to hold their backpacks leaving the gym one morning. It gave me visions of them walking together at kindergarten. I got teary eyed and then freaked out. My kids are NOT growing up. They will be home with me forever!








No comments:
Post a Comment