Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Alive, I Think

We're still here, buried in seas of boxes, packing tape and bubble wrap. I wish I had the energy to write some clever blog post full of pictures and updates about life but...did I mention we are moving?  And the kids are not sleeping worth a darn. Don't get me wrong, still totally excited about moving but if this process were fun and not the least bit stressful we would all move at least once a year, right? I swore when we moved into this house I wasn't moving again for at least 10 years. That was 4 years ago...

In other news I had a freak out moment last week realizing the kids start Parents Day Out in exactly 3 weeks! We had backpacks and clothes but that was it. So I ordered nap mats, lunch boxes, pacis, and sippy cup bands. Now I feel a tad more prepared. But definitely not emotionally prepared yet. Have I mentioned this will be the first time they have been left with complete strangers? I am a control freak and I am already panicking a little. But watching them get so excited about their nap mats today helped me realize how much fun it will be for them.





And yes, my kids just live in T-shirts these days. I've accepted the fact that life will have no order for at least another month. So I am just letting things go.

And before I forget, Mallory Grace has recently picked up on a new phrase. "Bye, thank you, bye bye, thank you, welcome, bye, bye bye!"

Apparently she's preparing for her future days working aboard Southwest Airlines. Pretty sure she would make the cutest tiny flight attendant around! :)


No comments: