We kicked off the week last Sunday night with grilling and playing outside. One of my favorite summer things to do is to grill out as much as possible. So most of our family dinner Sunday nights are cookouts! Which usually include some delicious grilled meat, grilled veggies, lots of fresh fruit, and of course a delicious refreshing beverage for Mom! (wink wink!)
Homemade Chilton! My fave!
Also, we have lots of color in our backyard right now. Warm weather and flowers make me happy!
Tuesday I had to get the oil changed in D's truck and I caught these two being sweet (and partly hyper) while we were waiting, which was just short of forever by the way!
Mason likes to pretend like he is sleeping in pics these days. That kid, always being a stinker!
I needed to do a little shopping for myself and while I was looking Mason was busy taking pictures with my phone. Found these little gems that night...
This one kills me! Haha. His first (and hopefully only ever) mirror selfie!
Tuesday night we had the privilege of going to see Chuggington Live! D had called his Granny and said that if she needed a birthday present idea for him that he would love to take the kids to the show as his gift. I thought it was adorable of him and even sweeter that his Granny enlisted my help to make it happen.
The show was so cute and the kids loved it. Mason was very serious and intently observing while Mallory was too busy trying to dance and sing her own songs as loudly as she could! But really she was quite engaged too and kept waving at the trains from her seat!
Me and monkey girl waiting for the show to start.
My boys! Mason was a little timid at first, he wasn't exactly sure what was about to go down!
Wednesday the kids and I took a road trip. D had to travel to Carlsbad for work for a few days so we made the trip to stay in the hotel, swim, and hang out! I intentionally had him book a hotel with an outdoor pool so we could soak up lots of sun and swim time. When we checked in they informed me that the pool was out of service and had been for a few weeks. I was so disappointed!! So Thursday morning when we got up we walked over the the Ihop next door. The hotel then offered to send us to a hotel down the road to swim but once I started talking to the ladies they told me about a playground and a beach area on the Pecos River. Feeling adventurous I loaded the twins up for a fun day at the river. It turned out to be way more fun than the pool would have been!
Her "sandcastle"! :)
He wanted to go way out with the fish!
So neat!
The ladies at the hotel had mentioned that they give away free lunch during the summer. And sure enough we got a free hamburger or hot dog lunch with chils, veggies, fruit and chocolate milk!
Then we were ready for a nap! D had to work super late that night so the kids and I enjoyed a dinner at Chilis together.
Can't get one good picture from these yahoos!
Friday we headed back home. It was a great little bonding time away with my monkeys and although it wore us all out, it was completely worth it to make these memories with my babes.
Hope you all are enjoying your summer too!
























No comments:
Post a Comment