We woke up and started getting ready for the big day! She loves getting to put makeup on and getting her hair fixed. I'll say "ok, all finished" and she replies "I so pretty, thank you Mommy!" Hehe.
I am so glad to report that she was amazing at recital. She had fun and loved being on stage. When she first walked out she did not go to her spot (marked by colored tape on the stage) so she ended up way in the back behind another girl and we couldn't see her! We were freaking out but finally someone backstage called her and told her to get on her tape and she did. Bless her heart. It's always a little confusing when you're not in the studio! And their music came on too quickly so they felt rushed to start dancing before they had got to their spots. Once we could see her she was so flipping cute! She shook her shoulders and did her turns. She kissed and admired herself in her little mirror she was dancing with. It was hilarious and made me cry at the same time. I loved it! I spent my childhood dancing and much of my young adult life teaching dance so of course I hope she sticks with it for many years to come! If not, I'll sure treasure this sweet year she spent as my little ballerina!
Mallory and her teacher Miss Bonnie
Daddy and his baby girl with her pretty flowers from Daddy, Mommy and Bubba!
Mallory had tons of people there to watch and support her. And bring her beautiful flowers of course! Thank you to everyone who came. She sure enjoyed the love and attention!
Mal and her little friend Harper! So sweet!
After recital we went home for naps and then that evening all our family came over to celebrate both mine and my mother in laws birthday! We had dinner, played outside and played games. It was great! Papaw bought us a birthday cake and also bought Mallory a cake to celebrate her recital! It was very sweet!
Sunday I slept in a little but when I got up Mal was complaining that she didn't feel good. She ended up throwing up 5 times. She never ran fever and was all better when she woke up the next morning. I think she might have accidentally drank her milk from the night before when she got up and it just upset her tummy. It was really weird. I felt bad for her but I'm not going to lie, I cannot remember the last time Mallory fell asleep on me! So I sure loved this little cat nap!
One more activity done for the year and just creeping closer to a lazy summer! Yay! Have a good week friends!














No comments:
Post a Comment