She wanted to wear her baby.
She continues to say sometimes witty and otherwise off the wall things that make us giggle and throw our heads in our hands at the same time.
On Sunday I woke up to find her in only undies with a pink sock on her right foot, a purple sock on her left foot, dress up heel shoes over both, and a corresponding pink and purple sock on each hand. Yes, hand. In this attire, she is merrily walking around the house pushing her "stroller" which holds one baby buried with "all da stuff" aka various items from the playroom aka crap! As she sings, "cweanin it up, cweanin it up, put it away, put it away, put da tangs awaaaaayyy!"
Although her dramatic nature can often outweigh her free spirit, I try to treasure those moments where she expresses genuine joy and zest for life, with an innocence that only kids truly posess.
"You cwean my pwayroom Mommy? It's so pwetty! Dats so sweet for me Mommy!"
"I wuv you Mommy cause your my fwiend!"
One of her latest obsessions has become the desire to wear 2 different shoes. Everywhere. One boot and one dress up "pwincess" shoe? Sure dear. Why not? One of Bubba's (too big) flip flops and one of your old (too small) flip flops? Yes, makes total sense to wear those sister.
"Mommy, I need to watch TV for just one more minute? Just one wittle bitty minute Mommy. Pwetty, pwetty pwease?"
"Mason Awan Burger! Be nice for me!"
This is a picture of all the "treasures" I unloaded from the stroller, her dance bag, a backpack, a canvas bag, and two purses last night. It took me an hour to sort through and return to their original homes in the playroom. I told D this is how my conversation with her will go when she wakes up. Mallory, twirling around the playroom "you cwean in here Mommy? You do dat? It's so pwetty in here, tank you Mommy!" Mallory picking up her once full backpack, "Mommy, don't do dat to all my stuff! I need all da tangs in my packpack! Why you do dat Mommy!?" with a pouty face and fake tears.
Yep, she's as sweet, funny, and dramatic as they come! Bless her little heart.






No comments:
Post a Comment