Monday, October 28, 2013

Not Enough Hours

There aren't enough hours in the day anymore. I can't seem to keep my head on straight these days. So sorry for the lack of posts. I have a million things to write about and I sit down to do it and my mind goes blank. Love that. Blah.

So this is going to be so much randomness it probably won't even make sense. But at least it will be OUT. Out of my full head.

Last week I experienced probably the biggest mommy fail since the kids were born. Figured out late one night that I had been overdosing Mason's antibiotic for five days straight. They have always given Mason a twice daily antibiotic so last week I administered his meds for his recent ear infection in the same routine as every instance before. After breakfast and before bed. I noticed that I was using it all so quickly and went into pure panic when I read "daily". He's fine. He never missed a beat. But my stomach was in knots about the whole thing and I just felt so stupid to be honest. Certainly learned my lesson on paying better attention!


The kids are talking SO much more these days. I hope to do a post soon about exactly what all they are saying these days but I think the biggest thing is they are identifying people by name now which I just loooooove! They can both say Mommy, Daddy, Poppy, Honey, and Mami. They can say Papaw but they get really confused and Mason usually calls him Poppy too. Mal says "Papo". And poor Gamaw. That one is still really hard for them, so its "Ma" for now! Ha. Mason used his first full sentence the other day. I went to get him out of bed and he said "We go bye bye, see Poppy!"


Mallory has taken up photography in her spare time...




While Mason is into fashion, and was quite adamant on these shoes with this outfit...


They are getting better at PDO. Mason still cries every drop off but stops before I even get far from the room. Neither of them nap while there so they explore the church with one of their teachers. But they get a good nap in when they get home so it works out. They seem to enjoy it though and they already got to see a fire truck at school.

I finally finished my wreaths I started before and at the wreath party. I think they turned out ok. I am certainly no pro but am learning with every attempt!




Yes baby girl, some days I feel like this is what I look like taking care of you and your brother...


We went to a birthday party on Saturday for my friend Amanda's sweet little Aubrey Clair who I swear was just born yesterday but turned SEVEN. How is that possible?? It was Halloween themed and the kids wore costumes and played fun games! It was so cute! Mason seriously ate 50 red grapes! Mallory was having fun with the big girls!





We went to another birthday party two weekends ago that I forgot to share pics from. It was out at Fiddlesticks Farms. Seriously, so much fun! My friend Crystal made the kids shirts for the party. It was all fall and farm themed which was absolutely adorable!






That same weekend D and I got to go to Oklahoma to see the classic country band Alabama perform. A friend got us VIP tickets so we were only a few rows back. It was really cool and brought up lots of memories of my sweet Grannie singing "High Cotton" to us when we were little. :)


Mallory donned her first actual non-pebbles ponytail today. She looked precious but my word it turned her into a little girl and Mommy and Daddy did not like that. But really, loving her longi-sh blonde hair!


And I'll leave you with a laugh. This evening while my kids played in the bath I was in Mal's room off the bathroom folding clothes and heard both kids start screaming and crying. My mind goes to the worst of course, and I race into the bathroom to find this...


Mallory had pulled the lever to turn the shower head on which apparently was the end of the world. And yes, I had to take a picture to document the world ending.

Have a great week y'all!

1 comment:

♥Jodi said...

hahaha...the shower pic is hilarious! Liam freaks out to when he turns it on! And I know your feeling on the "overdosing". I was overdosing Parker on Dimeatapp and we had to call poison control...mommy fail...so you aren't alone. I bet his ear infection cleared up super fast ;) Ha!