Thursday, March 14, 2013

Project Pinterest

I love Pinterest. Now, I am not addicted and only get on for a little while each night after the kids are asleep. But, I get a lot of motivation from there for projects. I really never just do or use anything I pin, even though there are some really useful things pinned all the time.

After I saw the pin below, I decided to start a blog series titled "Project Pinterest". I want to try some of the ideas on there, especially the free or inexpensive things and post my results or feedback. I would love for you (all 3 people that read my blog, ha!) to play too if you would like. I probably wont do one weekly, just when I have free time. But it will be fun and like an online Pinterest party! :)

So back to the pin...




I love bows. My daughter is in a stage where she hates having them on her head and pulls them off the second I put them on. Sometimes I can distract her but it's tough! I am sure (or hoping) she will grow out of it because I think they are so fun! Hobby Lobby has precious ribbon and accessories so I waited for the half off sale and stocked up. My intention was to use the website tutorials pinned but I couldn't ever get them to work on my iPad so I just looked at the pictures for help and made up my own bows.



My clip creations!


My bow creations!

I love how they turned out and I was even able to make a few to match some of Mallory's spring outfits. I just glued alligator clips onto the back since my girl still has no hair so will be wearing headbands for a while! I still have a ton of ribbon left to make more and even ventured into making some cute headbands today. And the best part, it's way cheaper than buying bows. They can get expensive!

Now I am on the lookout for another fun Pinterest project! :)

No comments: