Thursday, November 29, 2012

One Year Well Check



On Tuesday we had the twins one year well check. I thought I would make note of all the stats from that appointment, which was one of the roughest ones yet! (Getting two mobile infants to sit in a tiny room, one that I don't particularly want them crawling all over, waiting forever just to have strangers come in and pester them and then end it by sticking a bunch of painful needles in their legs...yep I would say well checks are my least favorite parenting duty by far! Ugggh!)

But on a brighter note, the twins are doing fabulous!! :)

Mason weighs 21 lbs 10 oz and is 30.75 inches tall. He is 54th% for weight and 81st% for height. Mallory weighs 20 lbs 12 oz and is 28 inches tall. She is 64th% for weight and 11th% for height. These two continue just to be complete opposites in every way! But they are both wonderfully healthy and right on track developmentally for 12 month olds. I am very pleased, especially considering they were 5 weeks early and had a lot of catching up to do from birth.

We did end up with 4 vaccinations each at the end of the appointment which is just a huge headache with one baby much less two! Luckily my Dad has a much more flexible work schedule than Dusty so he was able to come help. We also had to go have the babies blood drawn to test for anemia after the appointment so by the end of the whole ordeal we were all miserable. The babies fell asleep in the car instantly.

So we have "officially" survived our first year! With the exception of Mason's minor ear infection and a couple runny noses, the babies have been completely healthy the entire year. We are so thankful for a good report!

No comments: