Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Favorite Baby Things

I love getting ideas and suggestions from other Mommies about what products they love and use with their babies so I thought I would do a whole post on a few of my favorite baby things that I use daily with the twins! Some of these products I may use more than other moms just because I have two infants to care for each day, but all of them I would use even if I just had one! So here it goes, these are a few of my favorite things... (are you singing the song yet?) :)

Feeding Products



Dr. Brown's Bottles
Great for babies with gassy tummies. Worked well for the twins who struggled with gas because they were preemies with immature digestive systems. We still use them today! Only con, they are a pain in the tookus to clean because of all the internal pieces.


Nuby No Spill Sippy Cups
They have handles and soft silicone spouts. Perfect for learning to use cups. The babies can both use these sippies for water at only 8 months old. They LOVE them!



Chicco Polly High Chairs
Slim high chair, one handed tray removal, snap off tray for easy cleaning, extra tray, several height adjustments, reclining positions, 5 point harness, works as chair with arm rests for use against table. All that and it's super cute too. Need I say more, love it.


Munchkin Fresh Food Feeders
I bought these to take with us to the lake to put ICE in so the babies could stay cool. THEY LOVE THIS! The cold feels great on their teething gums and keeps them cool. Mommy loves that their is no mess to clean up! (I did try bananas in them once and I don't recommend it. I was cleaning banana out for weeks!) Totally worth the money just to use them for ice!




Gerber Cotton Burp Cloths
Yes, we have a million of them! I prefer these over the terry cloth or cloth diaper ones just because they are so soft, not too bulky in the diaper bag, and they wash great!



Boppy Pillows
In my opinion, a MUST HAVE! I have used these literally EVERYDAY since the babies were born. I used them for nursing, the twins napped in them when we brought them home, I used them to bottle feed at the same time, and we still use them for feeding bottles and for resting with our sippies. LOVE them. I highly recommend having TWO covers per pillow. When they get too dirty I can throw one cover in the hamper and put a fresh one on. The covers are around $10.

Apparel



Carter's Baby Clothes
Ninety percent of the babies closet is Carter's clothes. Affordable, bright and fun prints, large selection, well made clothes. One of my favorite things about them is they usually have coordinating boy/girl selections so I can often match the tweedles which can be hard with BG twins. See... all of these outfits are Carters brand!







Carter's has great online and in store sales too. If you are fortunate enough to have a local Carter's store, I am jealous. If not, Kohls has a pretty large selection of Carter's baby clothes!



Children's Place Stretchies
These footy jammies are my absolute favorite! They have the most adorable prints and they are inexpensive but good quality. Plus, they all ZIP which I personally prefer. They are usually on sale, I can always find a coupon code for additional savings, and shipping is only $5. Awesomeness!


My buggies in their Children's Place stretchies! :)

Playtime Products


Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo
Lots of toys, entertaining music and lights, 3 height adjustments and very easy to jump in. Plus the cloth seat is easily removable and can be tossed in the washing machine!




Jeep Liberty Renegade Walkers
ADORABLE! We just got them and the babes love them! We use them in the garage and driveway and the kids love to move and explore. Easy to put together, move well, fun toys and sounds, and again removable washable cloth seats. (Just realized the seats on both of these pics are flipped up, that is what happens when you pull a baby out. Ha!)


Vtech Sit to Stand Learning Walker
The tall toy in the middle with the gears and piano keys, that is one of the babes favorites! They love all the parts, it lights up, it plays music, and is so much fun! This is the one thing they already fight over. It also comes off the walker for floor play which is great for this age.

Bath Time Products


Thermobaby Aquababy Bath Seats
I needed something where I could safely bathe two wobbly infants at once because bath time was taking way too long doing one at a time. My dear friend Lacye had given me the blue one that she used with her little boy so I found a pink one online. They suction to the bottom of the tub so that they won't tip over and the kids like the little spinny toys on them.


Munchkin Safety Baby Bath Cradle
When Mason was only a couple months old he would freak out when I put him in the baby bath. His eyes would get huge, he would throw his arms out, and start gasping for air. I hated even trying to bathe him because of this. One day at Target I picked this up for around $6 and tried laying him on it inside the baby bath. IT WORKED! It is soft and cradles baby. I picked up another one and now we use them inside the bath seats for a little extra cushion. Another inexpensive item that is totally worth the $$$!


Using our bath seats and foam baby cradles!


Tiny Tillia Bath Book by Avon
The twins great aunt bought this for them and what a great gift it has been. We read it EVERY night in the bath. I have memorized it and the kids instantly smile as I start "Hi there bath buddy, I don't think we've met." Any bath book will work, but we sure enjoy this one!




Swankie Blankie Bath Towels
Plush, warm, big, super soft and so cute! We use these every bath time!

Baby Care Products



Noodle & Boo Super Soft Lotion
It's like silk for babies skin! And it has a yummy baby lotion smell!


Triple Paste Diaper Rash Ointment
We went through SO MANY creams and this is the only one that worked for us!


Prince Lionheart Wipe Warmer
This was fabulous when the babies were tiny and cried every time you changed their diaper. The warm feeling on their skin was calming and actually got them to ENJOY diaper changes. We of course still use it, and no the babies don't cry if I use a cold wipe on them. It has been well worth the money. This particular one comes with a cushion that you wet with water to keep the wipies from drying out.

Bedtime Products


Summer Infant Babytouch Color Video Monitor
This video monitor pans so I can see into both the babies cribs. You can also add another camera if you had kiddos in different rooms to check on. This was fabulous for sleep training because I could check on both babies without going into the room. LOVE THIS!


Fisher Price Precious Planet Projection Mobile
I love the quiet operation, has three sound options but we love the nature sounds, and the projection light is mesmerizing for the babies. A little more expensive than others but worth the money!



MAM Trends Orthodontic Ultra Soft Silicone Pacifiers
You can tell Mal uses these. We have 4 in her crib so when she wakes up she can find one and put herself back to sleep. Cute designs and fairly inexpensive, which is good because these have a tendency to disappear. ;)


Lovies
Meet "Ellie" and "Pupper". These are the babies sleep pals. Made of breathable fabrics, the twins both love to rub on the silky side as well as chew on them to go to sleep. We have sets at both grandparents houses too! Another must have! So sweet!

I hope you enjoyed seeing what things our buggies use and love everyday. Of course there is so much more stuff I would recommend but these are a few of my favorite (baby) things!! :) What are yours??

No comments: