Thursday, October 6, 2011

Week 28 and Showering the Babies!



Week 28 Highlights

Month: 7 - Officially in the THIRD trimester! Yay!

Babies Size: Over 14 inches and over 2 lbs each


Weight gain: 20 pounds


Belly size: 43 inches


Movement:
Lots of jabs below my ribs and on my bladder!


Babies position:
Mason is still on my left and Mallory on my right but I have no clue what positions anymore! :)


Cravings:
Chili cheese fries from Michael's Charcoal Grill and cookies!!


Symptoms:
Braxton hicks contractions, tons of back pain, very breathless. I have baby parts everywhere!


Favorite baby moment:
Both babies getting hiccups at the same time! Little thuds on both sides of my belly. It was entertaining!


43 inches!

Just a few updates from my last post. I only gained about 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks so luckily my belly has not been growing so rapidly! But now that the babies are putting on a lot of fat I expect a lot of growing over the next couple of months. At my last appointment I was still measuring 7 weeks ahead of a singleton mom which is great! That puts me measuring about 35 weeks now, so almost as big as someone full term. YIKES! That is ok, keep growing little guys! I also had my 24 hour series of betamethasone shots last week. This is a type of steroid administered to help the babies lungs mature faster and is given to women who are at high risk for preterm labor. I am very glad my doctor requested it. We want to do everything we can for our babies should they come early! I also am officially at home on maternity leave on modified bed rest. After several long episodes of contractions my doctor requested I stop working. I am now at home focusing on doing everything I can for these babies and I am pleased to have this time to take care of myself and them. We have our next ultrasound at 30 weeks and it cannot come fast enough. Can't wait to see my babies again!

This past weekend was our big BABIES SHOWER weekend. 10 of my very best friends all hosted an amazing shower for me and the twins. Most of our family and friends were able to be there and we were incredibly blessed by everyone. These babies were showered with so much love! It was absolutely perfect and was exactly what I had dreamed it would be! Thanks to all of my hostesses and everyone that came too! And to everyone that didn't make it and sent us sweet gifts, thank you too!! We love you all! Now for some fun pictures from the big day!!












A special day that I will never forget!! :)


No comments: