Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mommies Need Breaks Too

I am a firm believer in Mommy time. I am a firm believer in having friends who you can run away with and just be yourself apart from your families. I am a firm believer in utilizing whatever support system you have built to allow you to rejuvinate and be accountable to just yourself, even if only for a short time. So often as Moms we dedicate every part of ourselves to our husbands, kids, and all the responsibilities of the home and family.

Literally weeks after we found out we were pregnant and just days before we found out it was twins, I went on a girls trip with my sweet friends Amanda and Toya. Unfortunately I was hit with bouts of morning sickness and a slight scare while on that trip so spent much more time in the hotel room than I had planned. So last year we decided to have a do-over! We stayed on the Riverwalk and had a great time. We quickly decided that we must make this an annual event and we spent last weekend in Houston doing what we do best! We stayed at the Westin Galleria and it was perfect. We ate seafood, enjoyed some yummy drinks and lots of laughs, and shopped, literally til we dropped!


It was a blessing to my soul. I love being home with my kids. I love my "job" in the home but like anyone I can get burnt out and need to let it all go for a few days. 












I am more thankful for these ladies than they even know. We all three lead very different lives yet, we are so much the same. We only get time together a few times a year but we speak and laugh like we are neighbors. I am thankful for them, and a special few other ladies like this in my life. And very thankful for feeling refreshed!

(A special thanks to my sweet husband for sacrificing his weekend to play Daddy day care so I could enjoy this special time!)

No comments: